Catholic Diocese of Murang’a Education Office
Education Secretary: Rev. Fr. Paul Muriuki Muriithi
Catholic Diocese of Murang’a
Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone numbers – 0704428747, 0722939340, 0735876124
To provide, promote, co-ordinate sustainable education aimed at formation based on catholic traditions.
Quality Education for “All Round,” formation for learners. The Church’s Education Ministry Springs from the great commission of Jesus Christ to his disciples to proclaim the faith and teach (forming in a holistic manner) – Mathew 28:19-20
The Church’s Education Ministry Springs from the great commission of Jesus Christ to his disciples to proclaim the faith and teach (forming in a holistic manner) – Mathew 28:19-20
The Diocese Sponsors 160 primary schools, 110 secondary schools, 4 technical schools and 4 special schools.
The Diocesan Education Office deals with all matters pertaining to Education and Educational institutions.
The department is headed by the Education Secretary who links the diocese with the ministry of Education, TSC, KCCB Commission for Education and Religious Education.
Among other things the department is charged with the following responsibilities:
• Representing the Sponsor’s interests at the County and Sub-county Education Boards.
• Attending BOMs – Education Secretary is an ex-officio in all BOMs.
• Offer advice to the bishop and update him on all education issues. • Ensuring Sponsor’s representation at all nomination and inauguration of BOMs.
• Ensuring that all the new Catholic Public Sponsored and Private schools are properly registered. • Ensuring that committed and competent representatives are appointed to the school boards and committees.
• Ensuring that suitable head teachers and principals are appointed or posted to our sponsored schools.
• Consulting with the local education officers (BC & MOE) matters pertaining to education.
• Handling all correspondence on matters pertaining to education.
• Organizing for capacity building through seminars, workshops and retreats for teachers, students and other significant stakeholders.
• Collaborating with Education Secretaries from other Religious organizations to enhance the teaching of CRE, PPI and Pastoral care in schools.
• Attending metropolitan and National Education Secretaries Meetings.
• Organizing regular meetings for head teachers and principals in order to build relationships.
Personnel in the office
1. Education Secretary – head of department.- Rev. Fr. Paul Muriuki Muriithi
2. CRE Advisor – Sr. Stellamaris Reuben
3. Office Secretary – Valentine Njeri
Other Important Bodies:
• County & Sub county Education Coordinators’.
• Priests in charge of School Apostolate.
• Diocesan Education Advisory Board (DEAB)
• CDM Secondary Schools Heads Association – Executive.
The office also works closely with-:
- Bishop’s Office
- CRE Advisor
- Finance Office
- County Directors of Education – Murang’a & Kirinyaga
- TSC County Directors
- KCCB – Education and Religious Education Commission.